Easy and Fun Pumpkin Decorations for Fall
Get in the fall spirit with these easy and fun pumpkin decorations! Add a touch of lace and vintage jewelry to your pumpkin this year!
Even though pumpkins are typically thought of as Halloween decorations, there are plenty of ways to use them to decorate your home for fall. With a little bit of creativity, you can transform a simple pumpkin into a work of art. Here are a few ways to get you started for some easy and fun pumpkin decorations for Fall!
Anytime I get to use vintage lace doilies or pearls, I am all in! Let’s get started! I’ll show you how with these easy steps!
A big thank you to my dear friend Wendy for hosting today’s pumpkin-inspired blog hop. Fourteen bloggers have come together to share their ideas for decorating pumpkins! Each one is completely different than the next!
If your coming over from Amy’s blog isn’t her How to Make a Pumpkin from a Glass Vase the best? Amy has the cutest ideas!
Creating Pumpkin Decorations Using Buttons, Old Jewelry & Doilies
Creative Pumpkin Decorations
- Shop for vintage buttons, lace doilies, and old necklaces for adornments.
- Purchase faux pumpkins in different sizes.
- Paint pumpkin. (I painted two coats on my pumpkin with green chalk paint similar to this!
- When the paint dries, I used this adhesive to adhere the doily to the pumpkin.
- Using a glue gun I glued my doily. (don’t have a doily – you can use one like this.)
- Up next I hot glued my buttons, pearls, and necklace beads for my pumpkin decorations.
Enjoying this Post? Sign up here for my weekly newsletter.
Supplies You Will Need:
How to Decorate a Pumpkin Without Carving it?
One of the simplest ways to decorate a pumpkin is to paint it. You can either freehand a design or use stencils to create something more complex. If you’re using paint for the first time, test it out on a piece of paper first to get a feel for how it works. Once you’re ready, have fun painting your pumpkin in any color or style you want.
Pumpkin Decorating with Glue and Glitter
- If you’re looking for a sparkly pumpkin decoration, try this glue and glitter method. First, cover your work surface with some old newspaper or a drop cloth. Then, apply glue to your pumpkin in any design you like. Next, sprinkle glitter over the glue until it’s completely covered. Let the glue dry completely before displaying your glittery pumpkin creation.
Carving Your Pumpkin Decorations for Fall
- Pumpkin carving is another popular way to decorate pumpkins. You can find plenty of templates online to help you carve out a simple design. If you’re feeling extra creative, try carving out a negative space design or 3D effect. Just be sure to be careful with the carving process!
These are just a few easy and fun ideas for decorating pumpkins for fall. So grab some friends or family members, head to your local pumpkin patch, or craft store, and get started on your own autumnal creations today!
Have you checked out my other social channels? Follow along so you don’t miss out on any of my tips, recipes, or stories! ( you know I love a good story 😉 Join me on my other social channels for more! Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
Up next is Kim, from Cottage in the Mitten. I love how Kim made this darling mum and pumpkin planter! Be sure to stop by and check it out!
You have such an amazing collection of vintage doilies and buttons! The way you used them on your pumpkins is so unique and creative!
Thank you Cindy! A fun way to have them ‘go’ with my vintage collections! It was great to hop with you today!
So many fun pieces you used on your pumpkin! Those old buttons are treasures! Happy fall!
thank you Kim! The buttons were fun to collect!
I love the green paint and I love all of the bling! The effect is just beautiful, Susan! It is always so fun to see what you come up with, clever girl! ~Missy
thank you Missy! I decided on the green but next time may to ivory! Always so fun to hop with you girlfriend!
This project is simply stunning. I love the color you chose. It’s so rich and looks beautiful with your decor. Thank you for sharing this project!
Thank you, Meredith! It’s so nice that we got to meet at Haven and now are blogging friends!
This makes my vintage-loving heart smile:) They turned out so beautiful!
thank you Lora! We match, love my vintage things!
Awww Susan this project just pulls at my ♡ strings. I so love anything vintage and I love the color you chose because it is so rich and absolutely perfect with the buttons and pearls. Such a beautiful project! As always, very, very happy to hop along with you!
thank you Crystal! Anything and everything vintage around here for sure! 🙂
I just love these pumpkins, Susan. First, the color is fabulous! and you were so creative with the lace and the buttons. Way to think outside of the box.
thank you Wendy! My thrifting buttons got me started! lol
Nice Job Susan! Great idea for using vintage pieces!
thank you Jennifer! Anything wintage 🙂