With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching I’ve started planning out my cake delivery stops. Yes, you heard that correctly. One of my favorite things to do is to bake my Easy Heart-Shaped Cake For Valentine’s Day and deliver them unexpectedly.
Valentine’s Day is one of my Favorite Holidays
Valentine’s Day is one of my very favorite holidays. It’s about Love, kindness and about sweets! Sounds perfect, doesn’t it!
Today I’m sharing my easy Heart-Shaped Cake for Valentine’s Day! Okay, I have to admit one thing to you though. White cake is my favorite cake of all time. There might just be an ulterior motive here. So, if you find one on your doorstep, would you please share a slice with me?
Has anyone ever surprised you with a heart cake delivery?
One of my favorite things to do is deliver a Heart Shaped Cake for Valentine’s Day!
My cake delivery tradition started years ago with a neighbor that had been ill. Delivery for the second cake came when another friend had a recent loss in their family. Several times, I would deliver a cake to a family where I knew with young children, they wouldn’t have time for baking.
A few of my friends love Valentine’s Day as much as I do, so I make sure they receive one as well.
If given the option, my first choice would always be a cake made from scratch.
Often this may not be possible if you’re short on time. But here is the thing, this cake is so easy, it doesn’t take much time at all to make.
Let’s get started!
Mixing Your Ingredients for Your Heart Cake
Blend your dry ingredients together, then add your liquid ingredients slowly.
It’s basically two bowls! That’s it. (see the recipe instructions below)
Once the cake was cooled and frosted, I added a few fresh pink roses to the top! Isn’t that so pretty!
Easy Heart-Shaped Cake For Valentine’s Day
- 2 1/4 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 Cup Buttermilk at Room Temperature
- 6 Large Egg Whites at Room Temperature
- 2 Tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Table Salt
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Pour Buttermilk, Egg Whites and Extracts into medium bowl and mix
- Mix Cake Flour, sugar, Baking Powder and Salt into bowl of electric mixer at slow speed
- Next add Butter, cut into cubes, beat on low for 2 minutes
- Add all but 1/2 cup of buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and beat at medium speed for 1 1/2 minutees
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of buttermilk mixture and beat for 1 minute
- Pour batter evenly into heart-shaped pan
- Bake until toopick inserted in the center comes out clean 30-40 minutes
- Allow cake to cool at room temperature
- Frost Cake with favorite frossting
Are you finding inspiration to make your family and friends heart cakes? I sure hope so!
You’ll be guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.