Best Cranberry Walnut Muffin Recipe with Orange Marmalade
Quick and Easy Cranberry Walnut Muffin Recipe with Orange Marmalade. Made with fresh cranberries, they’re guaranteed to not last long!
Years ago, I remember my mom making cranberry walnut muffins and it always brings back the best memories. Her delicious muffins were always next level.
Why this recipe is so good
I don’t know about you but having fresh warm cranberry nut muffins right out of the oven in the morning really gets my day off to a good start.
One of the best things I love about this recipe is that there isn’t any brown sugar. As a matter of fact, there isn’t any sugar added at all. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not that I don’t like sugar. I do. Although, I’m on a mission to have a little less these days. The slight sweetness comes from the orange marmalade, cranberries, diced apple, and a splash of orange juice.
If you are looking for a breakfast treat that isn’t filled with sugar, this is it!
I also have this unwritten rule when baking or cooking delicious recipes to feed my family,
- Is it easy?
- Is it quick?
- Does it have ten ingredients or less?
While this recipe technically has more than ten ingredients. eleven to be exact, these fresh cranberry muffins measure high on my rating chart!
- Orange Marmalade
- Fresh Cranberries
- All purpose flour
- Rolled Oats
How to Make Cranberry Walnut Muffin Recipe
- In a muffin pan, place 10 large muffin paper liners.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a large bowl and combine
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, blend the room temperature egg with the marmalade ( I use large eggs when baking)
Finely chop the apple with this Zyliss food chopper.I find I use this handy chopper over and over. It’s easy to clean and store in my cupboard.
- With a hand or electric mixer beat the whole milk and vegetable oil into the egg mixture, then pour into the dry ingredients, stirring lightly, Do not over-mix.
- The muffin batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Quickly stir in the apple, fresh cranberries, and walnuts
- Next spoon batter evenly into the muffin tin.
- Sprinkle to top of the muffins with the oatmeal
(crunchy walnuts add just the right amount of chewy flavor)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until well-risen and the top of the muffins are golden brown. For best results, skewer into the center of the muffin until it comes out clean.
- Lift the muffins out and transfer them to a wire rack. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooled. peel off the muffin liner.
- Serve warm with freshly squeezed orange juice or a delicious Mimosa.
- Looking for another great brunch recipe that also goes perfectly with a Mimosa? This dish takes 25 minutes to make and is a huge hit in our home!
The total time from start to finish is only 45 minutes.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 1 to 2 days.
How to store muffin batter overnight?
Need to make the batter ahead? That’s not a problem. Go ahead and freeze the batter in zip-lock bags or in the muffin tin covered with plastic wrap.
What makes muffin healthy?
As good as sugar tastes, most store-bought muffins are filled with sugar. They are more like having a cupcake! What makes this cranberry walnut muffin recipe so healthy is the whole food ingredients, such as fruit, nuts, eggs, and milk. So healthy you can probably have two!
Homemade muffins are always the healthier choice!
Dried cranberries may be used if you don’t have fresh ones.
Try using white or whole wheat self-rising flour.
Blueberries would be a great choice if you don’t have cranberries.
Shop & Source
Best Cranberry Walnut Muffin Recipe with Orange Marmalade
- Measuring cup
- Hand or Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin tin
- 8 oz Flour (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 oz Orange Marmalade
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 oz Apple (1 small)
- 4 oz Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 tbsp Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Chopped Walnuts
- In deep muffn pan, place 10 large miffin liners
- In mixing bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a seperate bowl, blend the egg with the marmalade until well mixed.
- Beat the milk, oil into the egg mixture, then pour the dry ingredients, stirring lightly
- Do not overmix. The batter should be lumpy.
- Quickly stir in the apple and cranberries, walnut.
- Spoon batter evenly into the muffin liners and sprinkle oats over each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven 400 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown, and skewer inserted into center comes out clean.
- Lift out the muffins and transsfer onto a wire rack. Let sstand for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cooled. Peel off muffin liners and serve warm with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice or a Mimosa! Enjoy
The end result is that these moist muffins will knock your socks off of your taste buds. This is one of those recipes that you’ll go to over and over. Your family will love them.
For more delicious recipes with great flavors click here.
Thank you for joining me today. If you try this recipe, please come back and let me know in the comments what you think about it. I’d love to hear.
You can also follow along on the daily behind-the-scenes things I share on Instagram. I’d love to see you there too!
If you are trying to catch up on blog posts you may have missed, sign up here to have my latest posts delivered to you via email.
How to Make Homemade Garlic Infused Olive Oil
Infused olive oil is a great way to add some extra flavor to your food. Learn How to Make Your Own Infused Olive Oil!
Best Garlic Plant Stages Guide to Growing Garlic
Sharing the Best Garlic Plant Stages Guide to Growing Garlic. Knowing when to plant and harvest one of the most sought-after vegetables!
17 Festive Memorial Day Table Decor Ideas That Are Easy
Sharing 17 festive memorial day table decor ideas that are easy, and a fun way to start your memorial day weekend!
Easy Pasta and Peas Recipe Made With Only 3 Ingredients
This easy pasta and peas recipe with only 3 ingredients is a perfect addition to any meal plus it’s healthy and budget-friendly!
Rambling from The Roost: Volume 12 Weekly Inspiration
Welcome to Rambling from The Roost! A place where I love to share with you all my latest favorites, and what I’ve been inspired by this week!
Patriotic DIY Door Wreath + Front Porch Decorating Ideas
Make this super easy patriotic diy door wreath + front porch decorating ideas for your home, and keep it up all the way thru July 4th!